Tone, strengthen, and sculpt your muscles with Dr. Jason Emer and the new TruSculpt FLEX system
Board-certified dermatologist Dr. Jason Emer, a specialist in non-surgical fat reduction, body contouring, and Hi-Definition Liposculpture procedures, is one of the first medical professionals in the United States to employ the groundbreaking TruSculpt FLEX muscle sculpting device in his Beverly Hills / Los Angeles / West Hollywood practice. With Dr. Emer’s proprietary techniques and combination approaches, TruSculpt FLEX redefines the art of muscle sculpting, offering effective, personalized treatments that cater to each patient’s unique anatomy, level of athleticism, and aesthetic goals.
Dr. Emer was one of the first professionals in the U.S. to use Cutera’s TruSculpt iD device to deliver visible fat reduction and skin tightening results in just 15 minutes. By using TruSculpt iD and TruSculpt FLEX in combination, Dr. Emer is able to obtain three key improvements in body shaping and athleticism —
fat reduction, skin tightening, and muscle toning
— all with a painless series of treatments performed over the course of a few weeks. Both TruSculpt iD and TruSculpt FLEX are used on all areas of the body, including those muscle groups that are difficult to tone or target at the gym:
With a full series of treatments, TruSculpt FLEX can achieve up to 33% muscle improvement in the targeted areas and delivers twice as much muscle improvement as EmSculpt.
TruSculpt FLEX can be custom-tailored to address a wide range of problem areas and can be used on individuals of all body types, skin types, and aesthetic goals — from those who are rarely get to the gym to those who are incredibly athletic and are seeking more enhanced improvements in small problem areas. Regardless of your strength level, TruSculpt FLEX is designed to tone your muscles, increase muscle size and strength, and reduce fat. When FLEX is paired with TruSculpt iD, patients see additional improvement in fat reduction and skin tightening.
How does TruSculpt FLEX work?
TruSculpt FLEX is the only device on the market that can treat up to eight separate areas simultaneously. Sixteen colored applicators are placed in a pre-planned distribution (in one problem area, in multiple areas, or in eight separate areas) based on your individual needs and goals. Unlike the Emsculpt device, with TruSculpt FLEX, Dr. Emer is able to treat the front and back of the body simultaneously.
Once applied to the desired treatment areas, TruSculpt FLEX delivers direct electrical muscle stimulation, causing the targeted muscles to contract. 100% of the energy delivered is absorbed by the targeted muscles (compared to 30-40% with Emsculpt), ensuring the most significant outcomes. Equipped with advanced Multi-Directional Stimulation technology, the platform allows for three separate modes of treatment:
- Prep Mode: This “beginner’s level” setting uses a twisting motion (similar to wringing out a wet towel) to warm up and stretch the muscles and to help you build a tolerance to contractions.
- Tone Mode: This “intermediate level” mode contracts your muscles, holds the contraction until exhaustion, and then releases, thereby increasing your muscle strength and enhancing your endurance. The effect is similar to performing sit-ups or bicep curls.
- Sculpt Mode: The “expert level” sculpting mode involves fast, deep, sequential muscle contractions, which are intended to cause muscle confusion, build mass, and increase your basal metabolic rate (BMR).
With multiple modes available, TruSculpt FLEX is a highly effective, multi-dimensional treatment, similar to circuit training or a high-intensity interval training (HIIT) workout. During the treatment, Dr. Emer and his team will adjust the settings on the device’s touchscreen component to maximize the efficacy of the treatment and further improve your outcome. The TruSculpt FLEX device chimes periodically to alert Dr. Emer that it may be time to increase the intensity, just as you would increase the weight of the barbells you’re lifting at the gym.
Each session is approximately 45 minutes, and in the first cycle, Dr. Emer recommends 4 to 6 total treatments scheduled 2 to 5 days apart, depending on your level of comfort and soreness. For ongoing maintenance, monthly treatments can help boost weight loss and improve body shaping and toning along with the proper diet and exercise.
What should I expect with TruSculpt FLEX?
TruSculpt FLEX is a painless, 100% non-invasive treatment. Every patient responds differently to the treatment based on your muscle strength, level of athleticism, and the frequency of your workouts. For some, the treatment resembles a long, relaxing plank; for others, the sensation is akin to a pulsating shower or a very deep tissue massage.
During the treatment, you will feel the targeted muscles contracting, and as a result, you may experience a tingling, twitching, and/or tugging sensation. You may even begin to sweat during the treatment due to the amount of energy being exerted.
How does Dr. Emer do it differently?
A renowned lipo-contouring and body sculpting expert, Dr. Jason Emer never relies on a single device or procedure to deliver natural-looking, full-body transformations. Instead, he employs an array of techniques and state-of-the-art treatments, including:
- microdroplets of the semi-permanent filler Bellafill, which creates a scaffolding system beneath the skin and stimulates collagen production. Bellafill can be used to improve volume and enhance muscle definition long-term in areas such as the abdominals, shoulders, and buttocks (and can even improve cellulite and dimpling in the thighs and buttocks).
- CoolSculpting, Vanquish, Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra, and InMode Forma/Contoura, all of which can be combined with TruSculpt FLEX and TruSculpt iD to provide additional fat reduction and skin tightening.
- vibration and shockwave therapies such as Cellutone, ZWave, and eVIVE to further assist in skin tightening, smooth the skin’s surface, and improve the skin’s overall appearance.
- injectable treatments such as Kybella, Lipodissolve, and Mesotherapy to further aid in targeted fat reduction.
- minimally invasive skin tightening devices, such as InMode BodyTite / FaceTite and Renuvion (J-Plasma) can be used internally to tighten skin and give improvement in skin looseness and sagging.
- microneedling with radiofrequency devices, such as InMode Fractora and Morpheus8, to remodel and tighten the skin and address crepey skin and skin laxity
- BellaLift, a combination of Bellafill and the collagen stimulator Sculptra, which Dr. Emer uses to achieve an enhanced, “perkier” buttock and shape that builds over time
For patients seeking dramatic improvements in muscular definition, Dr. Emer may recommend a Hi-Definition Liposculpture procedure, which involves a combination of Hi-Definition Liposuction, fat grafting, skin tightening, athletic shaping, muscular defining, abdominal etching, cellulite improvement, skin removal, and surgical implants as-needed. Through advanced ultrasound technology and his unparalleled sculpting and etching techniques, Dr. Emer is able to remove the layer of fat that disguises his patients’ underlying musculature, create lines, and chisel out six-pack abs, pecs, lats, obliques, and buttocks. The result is a toned, athletic appearance that is not obtainable through dieting and exercise alone.
Male liposculpture patients are often seeking chiseled six-pack abs, an athletic chest, and volume, contour, and muscular definition in the abdominals, chest, arms and shoulders, legs, and calves; on the other hand, most female liposculpture patients are looking for a Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL), a defined S-Curve, a snatched waist, arm and thigh lifts, a breast lift and/or augmentation, and cellulite improvement. As such, Dr. Emer caters his Hi-Definition Liposculpture procedures to address each patient’s unique needs, concerns, and ultimate goals.
What is the downtime for TruSculpt FLEX?
There is no downtime following a TruSculpt FLEX treatment. Although patients may be hungry or tired following the treatment, you can return to your daily activities immediately. Occasionally, patients who are not accustomed to muscular workouts may be sore for several days following treatment due to lactic acid buildup; as part of the recovery process, Dr. Emer and his expert aestheticians recommend:
- Dermavance Arnika Forte, an anti-bruising and anti-swelling agent that accelerates your healing time up to 50%
- LightStim for Pain, a 2x daily treatment that increases circulation, accelerates healing, diminishes bruising, and temporarily relieves muscle and joint pain
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT), which promotes oxygen flow in the body, improves oxygenation of blood cells, prevents necrosis (skin damage), decreases the risk of nerve injury, and rapidly reduces bruising and swelling
- IV Therapy treatments, including the “Classic IV,” which helps to achieve overall balance and optimal wellness by restoring hydration, replenishing essential vitamins and minerals, and ensuring that your body can feel and function at its best
Am I a good candidate for TruSculpt FLEX?
Although TruSculpt FLEX (and TruSculpt iD) can assist in fat reduction, this is not a weight loss procedure and is not an appropriate substitute for Hi-Definition Liposuction or weight loss routines. TruSculpt FLEX specifically targets the muscles and is therefore an ideal treatment for patients who are physically fit and are looking for sculpting and definition improvements in small problem areas. To determine if TruSculpt FLEX is the best treatment for you, please consult with a board-certified dermatologist and body sculpting expert like Dr. Jason Emer.
How do I schedule a consultation with Dr. Emer?
To schedule a TruSculpt FLEX consultation with Dr. Emer in Beverly Hills / Los Angeles / West Hollywood, California, please reach out to our concierge to schedule an appointment. Call 424-800-4140 or email us at [email protected].