Conveniently located to serve Beverly Hills, Hollywood, and Los Angeles.
Right for you?
AM I A CANDIDATE FOR BODYTONE?
BodyTone is not a weight loss treatment. However, it can be ideal for patients with a BMI of no more than 25 who want to improve muscle strength and definition.
Patients with a higher percentage of body fat are likely better candidates for alternative treatments. If you are overweight, Dr. Emer can provide suggestions for weight loss solutions that can help you bring your BMI down to 25 or less, so you can benefit from BodyTone.
HOW DOES BODYTONE WORK?
BodyTone involves the use of bio-electric energy to stimulate muscle contractions. BodyTone treatments cause your muscles to contract more intensely than they would if you were performing weight-lifting exercises on your own. In fact, the hyper-contractions produced by BodyTone energy pulses stimulate tens of thousands of muscle contractions in just 30 minutes.
Also essential to BodyTone’s efficacy is that the device employs a series of bio-electric pulses in specific pattern variations. These different patterns work to confuse the muscles, which is key to dramatic improvements in the size, shape, and strength of your muscles. The targeted muscles undergo a re-education process that results in significant muscle mass increases.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR BODYTONE PROCEDURE
BodyTone is a non-surgical procedure and does not require anesthesia or sedation. Treatments typically take about 30 minutes and are performed at Dr. Emer’s medical practice in Beverly Hills. Multiple muscle groups can be treated in a single BodyTone session.
Once the applicators are securely positioned over the treatment area, the device takes the muscles through three phases of stimulation:
- Warm up – First, there is a low-intensity pulse cycle to prepare the muscles for the hyper-contractions to come.
- Muscle toning – The muscle toning phase increases the intensity to a medium level. This is the defining and shaping component of the treatment.
- Workout – The third and final phase involves working the muscles at peak intensity. The Workout phase causes a controlled breakdown of the muscles to initiate the body’s muscle building process.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR BODY RECOVERY
Since BodyTone is non-invasive, you will not need any downtime to recover. The treated muscles will be somewhat sore after a BodyTone session, similar to what you would expect from an intense workout. Most patients describe their post-treatment soreness as mild and lasting no more than a few days.
To expedite muscle recovery and help you get maximum benefits from your BodyTone sessions, Dr. Emer may recommend post-treatment therapies like:
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy – Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) is an amazing non-invasive treatment that accelerates muscle recovery and reduces inflammation.
- IV therapy – Performed in the comfort of Dr. Emer’s IV Lounge, IV therapy can ease muscle aches and promote a quicker recovery after working your muscles with BodyTone. The PERFORM IV is tailored to the needs of athletes and those who want to increase muscle mass, making it a perfect complement to BodyTone.
Your response to BodyTone will be unique to your physiology and various other factors. Some patients notice results sooner than others. Visible improvements can generally be expected within six to ten weeks after the last session in your series of treatments. Patients should be dedicated to proper diet and exercise habits to maintain their BodyTone results.
HOW MANY BODYTONE TREATMENTS WILL I NEED?
Every patient is unique in terms of their anatomy and treatment goals, so the number of recommended sessions varies from one patient to the next. On average, a series of six BodyTone sessions is advised over a three-week period. Less frequent maintenance sessions can then be scheduled to compensate for age-related declines in muscle mass and strength and/or to build on initial improvements.
How Much Will My BodyTone Treatment Cost?
The price of your BodyTone treatment will be determined during your consultation. The number of treatment areas and the number of BodyTone sessions you need to reach your goals will affect the overall cost.