WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF a FULL BOFY LIFT?
- Reduce stubborn, excess fat and sagging skin
- Tone the abs, buttocks, thighs, groin, hips and waist
- Tighten the skin and improve the appearance of cellulite
- Combat loss of skin elasticity after pregnancy or weight loss
- Improved self-esteem and self-confidence
- Treatment customized to your goals
- No more risk of skin infection or irritation
- Improved choices in clothing and swimwear
- Partial insurance coverage may be possible
RIGHT FOR YOU?
WHO IS THE BEST CANDIDATE FOR A FULL BODY LIFT?
The best candidate for the body lift procedure is someone who is at a stable weight, and who has no plans to become pregnant. If you suffer from loose, hanging skin and fat in one or more areas, a full body lift could transform your appearance for the better. Patients who have undergone bariatric weight loss surgery or who have recently lost a great deal of weight may be excellent candidates for a full body lift with Dr. Emer. As with any surgery, clients should be in optimal mental and physical health with no significant medical concerns to deal with. They should be non-smokers who are positive and realistic in their expectations for their results. Lastly, patients should be willing to take time off for recovery and follow the doctor’s instructions both before and after their treatment.
WHAT TO EXPECT
WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM RECOVERY?
Because several areas are being addressed at once during a full body lift, recovery time may be in terms of months rather than weeks. You will most likely have to take 2-3 weeks off from work at a minimum. Some swelling, pain and discomfort are to be expected, but these can be offset with pain medications provided by Dr. Emer. About 75% of your swelling will have declined within the first six weeks, and the rest of the swelling will go down within three months. Dr. Emer will issue a compression garment to help minimize this swelling and maintain your new, improved shape. Abstain from heavy lifting and vigorous exercise for several weeks. Have a friend or family member help out with household and childcare tasks.