Face and Neck Liposuction
Conveniently located to serve Beverly Hills, Hollywood, Los Angeles, NYC, and Miami.
Right for you?
Am I a Good Candidate for FACE AND NECK LIPO?
Face and neck liposuction is an ideal fat reduction solution for many people, but it is not right for everyone. Some patients can achieve their desired facial contours with a less invasive fat removal treatment. Others will need a more aggressive treatment approach. Your candidacy for facial liposuction will be determined in your initial consultation with Dr. Emer.
The consultation includes a review of your relevant medical history, a physical examination of the head and neck, and a discussion about your cosmetic goals. Dr. Emer uses this information to identify the best approach to resolving your aesthetic concerns.
Patients who have loose, hanging skin, such as a “turkey neck” are often better candidates for a surgical facelift and/or neck lift. In some cases, optimal outcomes require a combination of facial lipo and a surgical lifting procedure.
Reducing fullness in the cheeks may require a procedure to remove the buccal fat pads. Because these naturally-occurring masses of fat are encapsulated, they cannot be treated with cheek liposuction. Buccal fat removal can be paired with cheek liposuction, if necessary.
Face and neck liposuction cannot correct skin laxity. A skin tightening procedure can be performed in combination with facial lipo for patients whose skin lacks sufficient elasticity to retract after fat removal.
In general, face and neck lipo candidates:
- Are dissatisfied and/or self-conscious about their appearance due to excess fat in the neck or face
- Are free of medical issues that interfere with the body’s wound-healing processes
- Do not smoke or are willing to cease smoking for an extended period of time, as directed by the doctor
- At or near their ideal body weight
- Have healthy skin elasticity
- Prefer a one-time fat removal procedure rather than a series of less invasive treatments to gradually reduce fat
What Happens During the Facial Liposuction Procedure?
The details of your specific face and neck lipo surgery, such as the estimated duration of the procedure, incision locations, and type of anesthesia to be used, will be unique to your treatment. During your consultation, the doctor will walk you through exactly what to expect on the day of your procedure.
Though each cheek and chin lipo procedure is tailored to the individual’s needs, all liposuction surgeries involve:
- Anesthesia – Local or general anesthesia will be administered at the start of the procedure.
- Incisions – Small incisions are made, so the targeted fat cells can be accessed with a thin tube called a cannula.
- Processing fat cells for extraction – Depending on the type of lipo required for your needs, fat will be broken down using laser energy, ultrasonic energy, or a solution of saline and medications.
- Liposculpting – Suction is used to pull the unwanted fat out of the body through the cannula. Dr. Emer employs advanced facial sculpting techniques at this stage to create smooth, aesthetic contours that enhance your natural beauty.
- Incision closure – When the liposculpting process is complete, sutures are placed to close the incisions.
Recovering from Face and Neck Liposuction
During the first several days after face and neck lipo recovery, the treatment area(s) will be tender, and swelling and bruising can be expected. The doctor will provide aftercare instructions to help you manage discomfort and support optimal healing throughout your recovery.
Wearing your compression garment as directed will help to dispel bruising and reduce swelling. You may also be advised to apply ice packs and/or to take prescription medication to ease your symptoms.
It is necessary to limit your activities until the healing process has progressed significantly. There is an increased risk of compromising your lipo results if you engage in high intensity exercises and/or perform physically demanding tasks before the doctor approves.
How Long Does It Take to See Face and Neck Liposuction Results?
It can take a few months or more to arrive at your final facial lipo results, depending on your body’s natural rate of healing. As post-surgical swelling diminishes over several weeks following your cheek or chin liposuction surgery, you will notice gradual improvements. The full effect of your facial liposculpting procedure will be revealed when the healing process is complete.
What Type of Liposuction Is Best for the Face and Neck?
Every patient is different, so the best facial liposuction method for you may not be ideal for someone else. Dr. Emer has advanced training and extensive experience with multiple lipo techniques, including VASER lipo, Smartlipo, and tumescent liposuction.
The location of the treatment area, quantity of fat to be removed, the extent of sculpting needed, and your skin type are important factors in selecting the optimal face and neck liposuction method for you.
How Long Will My Facial Liposuction Results Last?
Liposuction provides long-lasting results by permanently decreasing the number of fat cells in the treated area. While those fat cells are gone for good, maintaining an ideal body weight and taking action to mitigate the effects of the aging process are essential for extending the longevity of your sculpted facial profile.
Considerable weight gain can still cause the cheeks and neck to puff up and fill out after facial lipo. This is because putting on excess weight can cause the volume of the remaining fat cells in the treated area(s) to increase.
Dr. Emer encourages patients to establish healthy habits prior to face and neck liposuction, so they can avoid compromising their sculpted jawline, slender neckline, and/or thinner cheeks. Hormonal optimization therapy can be invaluable to weight management and other age-related threats to your results.
The aging process will impact your facial contours at some point, so all of Dr. Emer’s patients are advised to follow a targeted anti-aging protocol to prevent skin laxity and other age-related issues from negatively affecting their face and neck lipo results.
Dr. Emer’s world-renowned, patient-tailored aging prevention protocols consist of at-home skincare regimens and periodic in-office treatments. Patients who adhere to Dr. Emer’s recommendations for supporting strong, healthy skin typically experience longer-lasting face and neck lipo results than patients who do not follow dedicated aging prevention regimens.
Are there Less Invasive Fat Reduction Treatments for the Face and Neck?
Dr. Emer offers several minimally invasive fat removal options for the cheeks and neck. Like face and neck liposuction, non-surgical fat reduction treatments provide permanent fat elimination. However, since they are gentler procedures, multiple treatment sessions may be necessary to achieve your cosmetic goals.
Small electrodes that emit RF waves are inserted through the incisions. In response to the RF energy, fat cells melt into a liquid form and can be suctioned out of the body.
The RF waves also have a profound effect on the skin since they are transmitted directly into the deeper layers of the skin. Dramatic skin tightening results and long-term collagen-stimulation are the perfect complements to your slimmer facial contours.
If you have minimal amounts of excess fat, cannot safely undergo a traditional liposuction procedure, or are not comfortable with the idea of cosmetic surgery, Dr. Emer may recommend:
- Kybella – This injectable is FDA-approved to destroy submental fat to eliminate the appearance of a double chin. After a series of injection sessions, patients notice less fullness in the upper neck and a more defined jawline. Downtime after Kybella is typically two days or less.
- AccuTite and/or FaceTite – AccuTite and FaceTite remove fat via a modified, less-invasive liposuction technique called radiofrequency-assisted liposuction (RFAL). General anesthesia is not required, as the procedure involves tiny incisions that are easily tolerated under local anesthesia.
How We Provide the Best Face and Neck Liposuction in Beverly Hills
Comprehensive, personalized care
Dr. Emer specializes in comprehensive cosmetic enhancement. He knows that a single procedure can rarely provide the life-changing, confidence-restoring outcomes that he wants for his patients. His customized, combination facial sculpting treatments consistently deliver transformative, natural-looking results that face and neck lipo alone could not achieve.
Innovative, effective combination treatments
Face and neck liposuction results can be enhanced with minimally invasive cosmetic treatments like:
- Non-surgical skin tightening – Non-invasive skin tightening works to promote optimal skin retraction after facial liposuction. Dr. Emer may recommend ultrasonic skin tightening with Ultherapy or a radiofrequency-based treatment called Thermage.
- Injectable fillers – Facial fat transfer, synthetic fat grafting, and/or dermal fillers may be recommended to restore lost volume for a more youthful and balanced facial appearance.
- Injectable neuromodulators – Botox, Jeuveau, Dysport, and Xeomin can be used to reshape the jawline and release neck bands caused by repetitive muscle movements.
- Laser skin resurfacing – Bright, clear skin is the perfect complement to any facial sculpting treatment. Dr. Emer has a laser for resolving practically any skin concern, from hyperpigmentation, enlarged pores, wrinkles, scarring, rosacea, and more.
- Microneedling with radiofrequency – Devices like Sylfirm X, Pixel8-RF, and Morpheus8 use tiny needles to deliver RF energy to multiple dermal layers to tighten skin and kickstart collagen formation.
Neck and face liposuction can also be combined with facial plastic surgeries such as:
- Deep plane facelift
- Chin implant
- Neck lift
- Buccal fat pad removal
When planning a facial fat reduction treatment, Dr. Emer applies an artistic perspective that calculates aesthetic angles, curves, and proportions along with in-depth knowledge of the intricate relationships between the tissues and structures of the face and neck.
Our doctors account for a multitude of factors in the planning process, such as how removing fat will affect the tone and texture of the skin, the shape of the face, and overall facial balance. These pre-treatment considerations allow them to incorporate complementary procedures into your treatment plan to deliver complete, harmonious results.
How Much DoES LIPOSUCTION Cost?
The price of liposuction for the face and/or neck is impacted by several factors. The cost of this procedure differs from one patient to the next based on the amount of fat to be extracted, the number of treatment areas, and whether additional procedures are being performed. Pricing details will be provided when the doctor reviews your personalized treatment plan with you.