What is an arm lift and tightening procedure?
An arm lift is a surgical procedure that simultaneously reduces sagging skin on the arms, removes fat pockets, tightens and smooths the supportive tissue, and reshapes and contours the upper arm.
Dr. Jason Emer in Beverly Hills uses innovative combination treatments for optimal results. His skilled West Hollywood plastic surgeons’ surgical intervention (such as brachioplasty) is complemented by nonsurgical arm sculpting techniques, including hi-definition liposuction; internal “shrink wrap” skin tightening, which uses radiofrequency (RF) energy to heat the undersurface of the skin; external RF skin tightening devices; non-invasive Coolsculpting; and arm threading. In combination, these procedures can lift and tighten the arms, resulting in contoured, athletic arms, a smaller incision, and reduced downtime.
What are the benefits of an arm lift and tightening?
- Removal of excess fat and skin
- Tightening and firming of the underarms
- Improved skin tone
- Improved arm shape
- Skin elasticity is restored after massive weight loss
- More proportionate arms
- Well-hidden scars
- Improved satisfaction with one’s image
- Increased wardrobe options
- No more wearing long-sleeves all the time
- Better results from working out
- Perform sports and physical activity without embarrassment
Who is a good candidate for an arm lift and tightening with Dr. Emer in Beverly Hills?
- You are at or close to your ideal, healthy weight
- You are of sound mind and body
- You are free from any major medical concerns or conditions
- You are a non-smoker
- You are willing to follow the doctor’s instructions before and after treatment
- You are realistic in your expectations for your outcome
- You are looking to contour your upper arms
- You would like a more youthful-looking physique
What can I expect from recovery?
The normal timeline for arm lift recovery entails resting for about a week before resuming your normal schedule. You may be asked to wear a special compression garment that helps minimize post-operative swelling and helps to keep your new shape intact. Any non-dissolving sutures will be removed within one week.
You should avoid heavy lifting and vigorous exercise for at least 2 weeks after surgery. You will receive prescriptions for painkillers to help offset any discomfort or soreness. You should be able to notice your improved contours immediately, although some minor swelling may obscure you final result for a few weeks.