Conveniently located to serve Beverly Hills, Hollywood, Los Angeles, NYC, and Miami.
ADVATx is a convenient and incredibly effective treatment option for patients seeking healthy, youthful, blemish-free, and radiant skin. Board-certified cosmetic dermatologist Dr. Jason Emer is thrilled to offer patient-tailored skin treatments with ADVATx in Beverly Hills.
With the sophisticated and versatile ADVATx laser system, Dr. Emer can optimize his internationally-acclaimed skin rejuvenation protocols and advanced, combination treatments for a wide range of dermatological issues.
WHAT IS ADVATx?
The ADVATx laser primarily uses solid yellow light at the 589nm wavelength. Yellow, compared to other colors, has a higher wavelength, which allows it to penetrate both superficial structures, like melanin, as well as underlying structures, such as blood vessels.
Since it can produce 589nm and 1319nm wavelengths, the ADVATx device functions both as a skin rejuvenation laser and as a vascular laser. This capability allows Dr. Emer to provide two distinct treatment options: ADVA Bright and ADVA Clear.
Right for you?
Am I a Good Candidate for ADVATx?
With ADVATx’s dual wavelength capability, patients of many ages and skin types can be candidates for this laser treatment. Most skin tones can be safely treated with ADVATx.
ADVATx is a particularly good option for patients who cannot accommodate a lengthy recovery period but still want to significantly improve their dermal health and revitalize their complexion. Candidates must have realistic expectations for the outcome of their ADVATx treatment and the longevity of their results.
What can advatx treat?
Skin Rejuvenation with ADVATx
- Fine lines
- Dull skin
- Age spots
- Enlarged pores
- Sun damage
ADVATx for Vascular Conditions
- Cherry angiomas
- Telangiectasias (spider veins)
- Port wine stains
- Venous lakes
ADVATx for Pigmentation Irregularities
- Poikiloderma of Civatte – This condition, which presents as patches of brownish-red, is typically caused by long-term sun damage.
- Melasma – Sometimes referred to as the “mask of pregnancy,” melasma appears as brown-gray spots or patches. Treating this condition can be very complex, as there are vascular aspects and sebaceous gland components to consider and address. Dr. Emer has found ADVATx advantageous for melasma treatments, as he can use ADVA Bright to treat vascular dysfunction and ADVA Clear to resolve issues related to the sebaceous glands.
- Dyschromia – Dyschromia is characterized by reddish or purplish patches on the surface of the skin. Since successful treatment often requires addressing blood vessel abnormalities and melanin variations, ADVATx can be an ideal treatment solution.
ADVATx for Skin Irritation
ADVATx for Scar Revision
- Acne scars
- Hypertrophic scars
- Stretch marks (striae)
What Is an ADVATx Procedure Like?
Patients frequently describe ADVATx laser treatments as:
- Quick – Procedure times vary in relation to the size of the treatment site, condition being treated, and other factors but typically take 30 minutes or less.
- Easy – Simply arrive at your scheduled procedure time, and put on the protective glasses provided to you. After a lubricant is applied to your skin, Dr. Emer will glide the ADVATx handpiece across your skin to deliver laser energy throughout the treatment area.
- Comfortable – Unlike more aggressive laser treatments, ADVATx is quite easily tolerated by patients and not considered to be painful. In most cases, this gentle laser treatment is performed without anesthesia. Depending on the wavelength(s) used and how thin or inflamed the targeted skin is, it is possible to feel heat building under the treated skin. You may also experience a cool sensation as the handpiece presses against your skin.
What to Expect After an ADVATx Laser Procedure
Sun exposure should be avoided for 24 hours, or as directed by Dr. Emer. Aside from that, you can expect to be able to resume your normal activities without any downtime after ADVA Bright and/or ADVA Clear laser treatments. The treated area may be mildly sensitive and/or red immediately after your procedure, but these symptoms will resolve on their own in a short time.
Your aftercare instructions will explain the importance of using sunscreen and best practices regarding how to effectively incorporate sun protection into your daily skincare routine and outdoor activities. Dr. Emer will provide personalized recommendations for quality sunscreen products based on your unique skin and lifestyle.
How Many ADVATx Treatments Will I Need?
The ideal number of treatment sessions for you can be determined during your initial consultation. On average, a series of four sessions at monthly intervals followed by monthly or bi-monthly maintenance treatments will deliver the best results.
The Dr. Emer Difference
How Does Dr. Emer Do ADVATx Differently?
Dr. Emer’s dermatological expertise and vast experience with laser skin rejuvenation allows him to precisely customize ADVATx treatments in regard to a patient’s:
- Dermatologic condition(s)
- Aesthetic concerns
- Skin type
- Skin color
His approach to delivering unparalleled improvements in the health and beauty of the skin has its foundation in strategically combining skin treatments. His proprietary combination skin rejuvenation protocols provide comprehensive and transformative results. He often combines ADVATx with skin clearing and revitalizing treatments like fractional CO2 lasers, microneedling, thread lifting, and facials.
Depending on your unique skin, Dr. Emer may recommend ADVATx to pre-treat your skin for a more intensive procedure, so you can benefit from maximum improvements. In other cases, he may follow another type of skin treatment with ADVATx to minimize redness and further optimize results.
How Much Does an ADVATx Laser Treatment Cost?
The many variables that affect the price of an individual’s ADVATx treatment include:
- The number of treatment sites
- The size of the treatment area(s)
- Whether multiple conditions must be addressed
- The type and severity of the vascular or dermal condition(s) being treated
- The total number of ADVATx sessions needed for maximum improvement
Learn more about advatx
Dr. Emer is proud to provide safe, painless, and powerful treatment solutions for many skin and blood vessel irregularities with ADVATx in Beverly Hills. If you are interested in learning more about ADVA Bright, ADVA Clear, and what ADVATx can do for you, contact our office to schedule a consultation with Dr. Emer.