What is a neck lift?
The aging neck—evident in wrinkles, crepey or sagging skin, a “turkey neck” appearance, and/or muscular “banding”—is due to natural, gradual changes in our skin, muscle and subcutaneous fat over time or through weight fluctuations. A lower rhytidectomy (or neck lift) tightens and recontours the neck by addressing all three of these layers simultaneously.
Performed in conjunction with laser liposuction, a submental incision approach involves a 3-centimeter incision beneath the chin. Through this concealed, minimal incision, Dr. Jason Emer in Beverly Hills and his talented West Hollywood plastic surgeons are able to undermine the skin, remove the fat, internally shrink the skin, and tighten the muscle. For patients with more significant skin looseness or laxity in the neck and jowl/jawline area, a combination of neck lift and facelift approach may be most effective to provide significant lift, contour, and tightening.
What is a non-surgical facelift?
To achieve subtle but visible improvements in neck lifting, tightening and contouring without surgery, Dr. Emer often employs a combination of non-invasive and minimally invasive treatments, including Thermage radiofrequency skin tightening; Ultherapy ultrasound skin tightening; Belotero filler and neuromodulator injections to address neck folds, wrinkles and band lines; Kybella injections to destroy fat cells and help reduce double chins; fillers to define and contour the jawline and chin; and Silhouette InstaLift threading to provide an immediate, lasting lift in the cheeks, jawline, jowls and neck.
What are the advantages of a neck lift with Dr. Emer in Beverly Hills?
- Underlying neck muscles are tightened and firmed
- Smoother, more youthful neck skin
- Reduction in excess submental fat
- Can accomplish results where dieting and exercise have failed
- A more youthful, revitalized appearance overall
- Minimal scarring
- Rapid recovery
- Increased self-confidence in one’s image
Who makes a good neck lift candidate?
- You suffer from vertical bands in the neck
- You struggle with a turkey neck, double chin or poor definition in the jawline
- You are unhappy with the appearance your neck for any reason
- You are in good emotional and physical health
- You are free from any major medical concerns
- You don’t smoke
- You have realistic ideas about what surgery can and cannot accomplish