What are the other options for reviving the eyelids?
A pioneer in non-invasive procedures, Dr. Emer may employ an array of nonsurgical treatment options—either in place of or as a complement to surgery—to achieve eyelid rejuvenation: Thermage radiofrequency skin tightening of the eyes, brown and forehead; BOTOX injections to reduce lines, wrinkles and crow’s feet; injectable fillers to lift the brow; and fractional laser treatment with platelet-rich plasma (PRP) for overall textural improvement.
If a more aggressive treatment plan is warranted, Renuvion helium plasma resurfacing can produce significant improvements in deep eye wrinkles, sun damage, pores and scars in a single treatment.
What are the benefits of eyelid surgery?
- Removal of excess skin and fat from the upper lids
- Firming and tightening of the muscles around the eyes
- Lifting of drooping eyelid skin
- Improved vision
- Reduction in wrinkles and fine lines
- Eradication of eye bags
- A refreshed, youthful appearance
- A brighter, more engaging smile
- Improved self-esteem
- Natural-looking results
Who makes the best eyelid surgery candidate?
- Eyelids surgery may be an excellent choice for you if you suffer from loose or excess skin and fat in the folds of the eyelids
- Your vision is impaired due to your eyelids
- You have puffy lids that negatively affect your facial expression
- You have heave wrinkles in the lower lids
- You have dark circles or bags under the eyes
- You have hooded lids
- You are unhappy with your eyelids in any other way
- You are in good mental and physical health
- You are free from any significant medical conditions
- You are a non-smoker
- You have realistic expectations for your outcome