What is surgical body contouring?
As opposed to non-surgical body contouring—one of Beverly Hills dermatologist Dr. Emer’s unique specialties—surgical body contouring typically involves a more advanced or complex procedure, either due to major weight loss, significant skin laxity, botched procedures or irregularities.
Assisted by his skilled team of West Hollywood plastic surgeons, Dr. Emer begins the procedure with water-assisted and ultrasound-assisted hi-definition liposuction to remove and harvest excess fat while beginning to sculpt, shape and contour the body’s new, smaller shape.
Based on each patient’s assessment and individual needs, surgical body contouring may or may not include a face or neck lift, breast lift or augmentation, tummy tuck, lower body lift, thigh lift, arm lift, and/or skin removal. Dr. Emer often complements these surgical procedures with minimally and non-invasive energy-based treatments to improve the results achieved in surgery. Surgical body contouring is a long-term process with a critical, custom-tailored treatment plan to obtain a new and improved, contoured, and harmonious appearance.
What are the benefits of surgical body contouring?
- Procedure can be customized to target many areas at once
- Greater comfort being in one’s skin
- No more chaffing from excess fat
- Areas notoriously resistant to diet and exercise are finally reshaped
- Safe, effective approach with conservative techniques
- Minimal scarring
- Long-lasting, sustainable outcome
- Improved satisfaction with one’s body image
- More clothing and wardrobe options
Who makes an ideal candidate for surgical body contouring?
- You have sagging, excess skin after a massive weight loss
- You have stubborn fat deposits after a pregnancy
- You are at or near your ideal weight
- You are healthy emotionally and physically
- You are free from any significant medical conditions
- You don’t smoke
- You are positive and realistic in your thinking regarding your aesthetic goals
- You are willing to follow the doctor’s instructions at every stage of your procedure
- You are looking for a long-lasting, sustainable solution to your body sculpting needs
All Rights Reserved.