Clear + Brilliant
Conveniently located to serve Beverly Hills, Hollywood, Los Angeles, NYC, and Miami.
Right for you?
Am I a Candidate for Clear + Brilliant?
Clear + Brilliant is a low-level, low-density, non-ablative laser that is approved for all skin types and poses no risk of hyperpigmentation. In the hands of a skilled professional like Dr. Emer, Clear + Brilliant can be combined with other lasers, facials, and peels to achieve even better outcomes.
Clear + Brilliant is safe for most patients, but certain skin conditions or advanced signs of aging may require alternative treatments. To find out if Clear + Brilliant is the ideal solution for your skin concerns, schedule a formal evaluation with Dr. Emer.
How Does Clear + Brilliant Work?
Clear + Brilliant is a non-ablative (non-wounding), fractional laser that generates heat deep beneath the surface of the skin to stimulate new collagen production. As the device rolls over the surface, it delivers highly focused, microscopic columns of energy to the upper layers of the skin and replaces damaged skin with healthy tissue. The result is clearer, younger-looking skin.
The Clear + Brilliant laser device can pair with two separate handpieces, each with distinct advantages. This allows Dr. Emer to tailor your Clear + Brilliant treatment to your specific skin type and cosmetic concerns. Based on your unique needs and desired outcome, he will determine the optimal approach for you:
For mild scarring, deep lines and wrinkles, superficial discoloration, and sun damage, he typically uses the white “Original” 1440nm handpiece.
The blue “Permea” 1927nm handpiece is specifically designed to reduce oiliness, shrink pores, improve fine lines and wrinkles, lift pigmentation and discoloration, and/or reduce rosacea or facial redness. By creating microchannels in the skin, the Permea handpiece maximizes the absorption of any products applied to the skin after treatment (such as nutrient-rich topical skin care products) and also increases the efficacy of any post-laser chemical peels.
Clear + Brilliant for Acne Scarring
While Clear + Brilliant is not as aggressive as an ablative CO2 or Erbium laser, it is nevertheless a pivotal part of the acne scarring treatment process. As part of a 3-step procedure, Dr. Emer first reduces facial redness with a vascular laser (such as Laser Genesis, excel V, Aerolase, or VBeam) or Intense Pulsed Light (IPL). This is followed by a microneedling RF treatment (such as InMode Fractora, Morpheus8, or EndyMed Intensif), which sends RF energy into the deeper layers of the skin, prompts skin tightening, and evens out the skin’s texture.
The Clear + Brilliant laser completes the 3-step treatment by lightly resurfacing the skin and stimulating cellular turnover. This allows for the generation of new cells and results in improved skin texture and tone.
At a later date, Dr. Emer will use an ablative laser (such as CO2 or Erbium) or a non-ablative fractional laser (such as Fraxel or Sciton Halo) to vaporize the entire outer layer of the skin. This element of acne scarring treatment thoroughly resurfaces the skin and aids in optimal skin cell regeneration.
Clear + Brilliant for Hyperpigmentation and Melasma
Dr. Emer can use Clear + Brilliant to resolve hyperpigmentation and melasma concerns. Hyperpigmentation of any kind requires a combination approach, including:
- Peels like Cosmelan or Enlighten
- Lasers such as Clear + Brilliant, Aerolase, or Laser Genesis to improve skin color and tone
- Fractional RF devices such as Venus Viva
- Microneedling with PRP
- Bi-monthly DermalInfusion treatments
- Constant skin care and sun protection
Clear + Brilliant for Rosacea
Dr. Emer will tailor your rosacea laser treatment to your skin type and the severity of the condition to provide overall facial rejuvenation, improve sun damage spots, decrease pore size, and lift pigmentation. To treat rosacea, Dr. Emer employs a customized combination approach involving an assortment of targeted lasers (such as Aerolase), vascular laser treatments (such as excel V or Yellow Laser), and non-ablative lasers such as Clear + Brilliant and Laser Genesis.
After your laser treatment, Dr. Emer’s in-house aestheticians apply custom-made solutions and masks to the treated areas. These advanced formulas work to rehydrate the skin, protect it with antioxidants, and accelerate the healing process.
Clear + Brilliant for Skin Burns
For significant, long-term improvement, skin burns require a combination of laser treatments. Dr. Emer often uses Fraxel, Laser Genesis, and Clear + Brilliant to restore pigment to the area and repair the skin.
To enhance your Clear + Brilliant results, LightStim LED Light Therapy and peels such as Cosmelan or Enlighten can further improve the laser treatment results. In the case of hypo- or hyperpigmentation, microneedling with PRP and ACell can help accelerate healing, regenerate skin cells, and improve uneven skin tone.
Clear + Brilliant for Preventing Signs of Aging
Clear + Brilliant is a regular component of many of Dr. Emer’s combination skin rejuvenation protocols. For patients seeking treatment for anti-aging benefits, Dr. Emer suggests a combination approach that may include:
- Regular Clear + Brilliant laser treatments, non-ablative Fraxel or Halo laser treatments, or nanofractional RF treatments (like Venus Viva) every one to two months
- Ablative laser treatments (CO2 and/or Erbium) every four to six months
- Sculptra injections for collagen production
- Botox, Dysport, and/or Xeomin to stop movement lines and prevent lines at rest
- Thermage (RF), Ultherapy (ultrasound), and non-surgical thread lifting for annual skin tightening and lifting
- Microneedling RF (such as Fractora, Morpheus8, and EndyMed Intensif) for skin tightening and crepey skin improvement
Clear + Brilliant for Wrinkles
Wrinkled or crepey skin often requires a patient-tailored combination of laser and skin tightening treatments. Dr. Emer’s approach to treating wrinkles with Clear + Brilliant often involves complementary procedures including:
- RF devices such as Renuvion, FaceTite / BodyTite, Forma / Contoura, Thermage, and Venus Legacy
- Microneedling RF with InMode Fractora or Morpheus8
- Ultrasound skin tightening with Ultherapy
- Ablative lasers (Erbium)
- Thread lifting with Silhouette InstaLift or NovaThreads
- Microneedling with PRP
- Sculptra injections for collagen production
- Customized skin care protocols
Clear + Brilliant Results
Most patients enjoy noticeable results within one or two weeks of a Clear + Brilliant session. While collagen production provides long-term improvements, Dr. Emer typically recommends that his patients get at least four to six treatments (once or twice per month) to obtain the best results with Clear + Brilliant. Maintenance treatments are scheduled every four to eight weeks thereafter.
Post-Treatment Skin Care to Enhance Clear + Brilliant Results
Once at home, Dr. Emer’s patients begin a 4-day skin care regimen to hydrate and brighten the skin and accelerate the healing process. Your skin care regimen may include:
- iS Clinical Pro-Heal Serum Advance+, which increases antioxidant protection while improving the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and aging skin.
- SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel to restore and bind moisture to the skin with hyaluronic acid and Vitamin B5.
- SENTE Dermal Repair Cream, which improves the appearance of skin texture and firmness while enhancing skin tone for a more youthful radiance.
- AnteAGE MD GF Serum for reduction in fine lines, wrinkles, skin redness, and sensitivity.
Dr. Emer’s Clear + Brilliant patients also apply these enzyme-rich products to the treatment area to gently remove any dead skin:
- RestorSea Pro Foaming Cleanser to lighten and brighten without stripping the skin of its essential oils.
- Jan Marini Clean Zyme Cleanser, a potent cleanser that allows resurfacing agents to reach the skin more effectively.
- Jan Marini Skin Zyme Mask, which thoroughly digests dead epidermal cells and improves the results of skin rejuvenation, acne, scar reduction, and hyperpigmentation treatments.
How Much Does Clear + Brilliant Cost?
The cost of Clear + Brilliant varies based on each patient’s unique skin rejuvenation protocol. The size of the treatment area and the number of sessions needed to achieve your most glowing, healthy skin will affect the price of your treatment. Dr. Emer will provide complete pricing information when he reviews your customized treatment plan with you.