Dr. Jason Emer, a board-certified dermatologist and aesthetics expert, provides comprehensive cosmetic enhancement services at his West Hollywood medical practice, including “down under” treatments like anal beautificationTM. He recently took some time to chat with Julia Gibson of theSkin to answer all of the questions you may have about anal beautificationTM treatments, such as:
- Is anal beautificationTM a popular treatment?
- What can be achieved with an anal beautificationTM treatment?
- What are the treatment options?
- How much downtime should I expect?
Anal BeautificationTM Is More Popular Than You Think
Anal beautificationTM is an increasingly popular treatment at Dr. Emer’s medical practice. While this comes as a surprise to many people, it’s not surprising to Dr. Emer at all. Dr. Emer sees diverse patients with a wide range of cosmetic concerns, so from his perspective, it’s perfectly natural that patients “want to look good everywhere.”
When it comes to looking your best “down under,” Dr. Emer can perform several types of procedures to address your concerns. Anal beautificationTM treatments are requested for cosmetic enhancement, improvements in sexual health and pleasure, and/or for medical reasons.
Each patient has unique treatment goals, but anal beautificationTM is most commonly requested to:
- Smooth wrinkles
- Tighten the anus
- Address pigmentation to achieve a more even complexion
- Remove unwanted hair
- Reduce sweating
Anal BeautificationTM Treatment Options
Dr. Emer develops a customized, combination treatment plan for each patient he treats. One of the most common combination anal beautificationTM treatments is nicknamed the “Tight & Bright,” which provides tightening and brightening effects in one appointment.
Based on the patient’s goals for treatment, Dr. Emer often recommends a combination of:
- Chemical peels – Cosmelan and Enlighten peels are Dr. Emer’s go-to peels to “lift pigmentation, turn over skin cells, and…suppress further pigmentation.”
- Laser skin treatment – Dr. Emer uses the Aerolase laser for enhanced brightening effects in the area, as well as for laser hair removal. The Aerolase laser delivers light energy under the skin’s surface without burning or damaging the sensitive outer layer of skin.
- Botox – Botox injections are a surprisingly versatile anal beautificationTM treatment. For anal beautificationTM, Botox is most often recommended for providing relief from excessive sweating. Dr. Emer can also perform Botox injections to “promote hemorrhoid healing, decrease fissure formation, and help prevent infection of hair follicles.”
- Internal radiofrequency devices – Dr. Emer “uses internal radio-frequency devices, like BTL Ultra Femme or Votiva, to stimulate smooth muscle, promote collagen production, and tighten everything up.” He also recommends internal radiofrequency treatments “for women that have had kids and have had either vaginal or anal prolapse.”
- Microneedling radiofrequency – The Fractora microneedling radiofrequency device can be used to reduce wrinkles in the anal area.
Typically, multiple treatment sessions are needed for optimal results. Once you have achieved your desired results, maintenance treatments can be scheduled every four to six months. Retinol foam can be applied between treatments to help keep the area bright.
How Long Will it Take to Recover?
In regard to post-treatment discomfort and downtime, Dr. Emer says that with most treatments, patients are back to their regular routine and workouts within a few days. Dr. Emer’s pre-and post-treatment skincare protocols are key to achieving great results and minimizing downtime.
Exfoliating treatments, such as chemical peels, can cause itchiness and irritation for about two weeks while the area heals. To ease these symptoms and support healing, Dr. Emer has his patients follow a specific skincare regimen over the first two weeks after treatment.
The Most Important Tip for First-Timers
Popularity aside, anal beautificationTM treatments should only be performed by experienced providers. The skin in this area is quite sensitive and thinner than in other areas on the body, so a DIY treatment or treatment by an inexperienced practitioner simply isn’t worth the risk.
Still Have Questions?
If you want to learn more about how anal beautificationTM can help you look your best, contact Dr. Emer’s West Hollywood office. A member of his caring staff can assist you with scheduling a consultation with Dr. Emer, so you can get all of the answers you need, along with a customized treatment plan for achieving your aesthetic goals.
Read the original article on theSkin.