A product of our unwavering obsession with our devices, “Tech Neck” or “Text Neck” refers to the horizontal lines (or “necklace lines”) that appear on our neck after constantly tilting our heads forward to look down at our smartphones and mobile devices. Aside from our tech fixation, neck lines and chest wrinkles are also a common occurrence thanks to genetics, the natural aging process, collagen loss, gravity, and sun damage.
At Emerage Medical, board-certified dermatologist and non-surgical facial sculpting expert Dr. Jason Emer uses injectable dermal fillers to reduce lines, wrinkles and folds, rejuvenate the skin, and improve skin texture in various parts of the body, including the face, neck, chest, hands, elbows, knees, and earlobes. With the right techniques, soft tissue fillers can be used to address all patient concerns with regards to the aging neck and chest.
How does it work?
To treat neck lines and chest wrinkles, Dr. Emer uses a smooth, super soft filler like Belotero Balance, a hyaluronic acid (HA) filler that can improve moderate-to-severe etched-in lines and wrinkles and is specifically designed to address nasolabial folds (smile lines). Known as the “accordion filler,” Belotero fully integrates into the skin and leaves no lumps or bumps when administered by a highly skilled injector. Rather than plumping or volumizing like thicker, more robust fillers, Belotero is injected in “micro-aliquot” amounts to fine-tune and hydrate the treatment area.
How long do improvements last?
On average, Belotero and other HA fillers last for 6 to 12 months. Regular treatments are needed to maintain the results of the procedure. Of course, dermal fillers provide the best outcomes when complemented with other non-surgical treatments such as Sculptra, microneedling, microneedling RF like Morpheus8 or Fractora, lasers, energy-based devices like Ultherapy and Thermage, and thread lifting.
How does Dr. Emer do it differently?
To further improve his patients’ outcomes, Dr. Jason Emer combines dermal fillers with a range of non-surgical, non-invasive treatments to help reduce neck lines and chest wrinkles, improve skin texture, and rejuvenate the aging neck and chest, including:
- PRP (platelet-rich plasma) injections (as depicted below), which can help address localized skin conditions such as acne, cellulite, fine lines and wrinkles, and sun damage
- Neuromodulators or (cosmetic “freezers”) such as Botox, Dysport, Xeomin and Jeuveau, which can be combined with dermal fillers to improve the appearance of the face, neck, and chest by reducing lines, wrinkles, and folds
- Silhouette InstaLift or NovaThreads for immediate lifting and long-term collagen production
- non-invasive radiofrequency (RF) treatments such as Thermage to prevent sagging and tighten the skin over time through long-term collagen production
- microneedling RF devices such as InMode Fractora or InMode Morpheus8, both of which use deep fractional microneedling to heat the undersurface of the skin and improve fine lines and wrinkles, sun damage, skin laxity, and crepey skin
- Ultherapy, an FDA-approved skin tightening and lifting device that delivers focused, high-intensity focused ultrasound energy (HIFU) to improve fine lines, wrinkles, and loose or crepey skin
- fractional laser resurfacing with the hybrid Halo laser, Fraxel laser, or CO2 laser to improve skin tone and texture, stimulate cellular turnover, promote long-term collagen production, and restore elasticity to the skin
- RF energy devices such as BTL Exilis Ultra, Venus Legacy, and/or InMode Forma / Contoura for monthly collagen stimulation
- Sculptra injections to stimulate additional collagen production
Are there risks involved with neck and chest fillers?
As with any dermal filler treatment, neck and chest fillers may cause pain, swelling, bruising, headaches, lumps or bumps in the treatment area. Meticulous technique by an experienced and skilled injector is essential to reduce risks and complications.
Renowned for his artistry, skill, innovative techniques, attention to detail, and expertise in both Male and Female Facial Sculpting, Dr. Emer delivers an exceptional experience for his patients and the extraordinary results they deserve.
Am I a good candidate for neck and chest fillers?
Dermal fillers and non-invasive skin tightening devices are ideal treatments for individuals with fine lines and wrinkles and mild skin laxity. For patients with sagging skin or more significant skin laxity, a surgical facelift / neck lift with or without a Hi-Definition Liposuction procedure, Renuvion (J-Plasma) helium plasma, InMode FaceTite, and fat grafting is needed in order to provide substantial skin tightening and contouring improvements. Schedule a consultation with body contouring specialist Dr. Jason Emer to develop a treatment plan that meets your aesthetic goals.
How do I schedule a consultation with Dr. Emer?
To schedule a “tech neck” or chest wrinkles consultation with Dr. Emer in Beverly Hills / Los Angeles / West Hollywood, California, please reach out to our concierge to schedule an appointment. Call 424-800-4140 or email us at [email protected]