Spiral Thigh Lift
Conveniently located to serve Beverly Hills, Hollywood, Los Angeles, NYC, and Miami.
Aging, genetics, and massive weight loss are common factors that can make it impossible to create a lean, sculpted look in the upper legs and buttocks without the help of body contouring experts like Dr. Jason Emer and Dr. Yoel Rojas. Dr. Emer and Dr. Rojas have helped countless patients achieve dramatic improvements in the shape and tone of the thighs and buttocks by performing a spiral thigh lift in Beverly Hills.
WHAT IS A SPIRAL THIGH LIFT?
A spiral thigh lift is a cosmetic procedure to reshape and tighten the thighs and to redefine the buttock contours by addressing buttock rolls and/or adding volume. This unique thigh shaping procedure is designed for 360-degree sculpting. A spiral thigh lift can target the inner thighs, outer thighs, the difficult-to-treat area above the knees, and the buttock crease.
Many men and women find that their thighs remain bulky, droopy, and undefined no matter how disciplined they are about working out and eating right. These patients often have concurrent cosmetic concerns with the buttocks, in terms of sagging and unflattering contours, making the spiral thigh lift an excellent treatment option.
Right for you?
Am I a Good Candidate for A SPIRAL THIGH LIFT?
You may be a candidate for a spiral thigh lift if you are concerned about:
- Thighs that are larger, softer, and less defined than you’d like
- Achieving a more pronounced thigh gap
- Sagging buttocks
- Drooping buttock roll
- Loose, hanging skin in the thigh area
- Excess tissue and/or dimpling above the knees
- Cellulite in the buttock and/or thigh areas
This procedure is intended for patients who are physically healthy and are at a stable weight. Significant weight fluctuations can affect spiral thigh lift results, so candidates should be near their ideal body weight with no plans to gain or lose weight.
Patients who have lost considerable weight are often good candidates. A spiral thigh lift can be an ideal approach to eliminating post-weight-loss skin laxity.
Dr. Emer also offers this procedure to patients who’ve had unsuccessful thigh shaping procedures at other practices. Many of his spiral thigh lift patients are seeking correction of botched procedures that did not include skin tightening and left them with severe drooping in the buttocks and/or thighs.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A THIGH LIFT AND A SPIRAL THIGH LIFT?
A thigh lift, or thighplasty, procedure is intended to improve the shape of the thighs. The spiral thigh lift is one of several thigh lift techniques that can be used.
Other thighplasty approaches include the inner (medial) thigh lift, outer (bilateral) thigh lift, and the mini thigh lift. Each of these procedures targets excess skin in a specific area of the thigh.
The spiral thigh lift procedure involves a combination of liposuction, skin tightening with internal heating, and surgical skin excision. In some cases, the extracted fat will be harvested for fat grafting to the buttocks to create a fuller and more lifted look. Unlike medial and bilateral thigh lifts, post-op marks can be well-hidden with spiral thigh lifting.
What happens during a spiral thigh lift procedure?
Spiral thigh lifts are planned and executed to best address the specific needs of a patient, so there are variances in the techniques used, total surgery time, and other aspects of this procedure. The details of your procedure will be explained to you in advance, so you know what to expect when you arrive for your spiral thigh lift.
General anesthesia or IV sedation is necessary for your comfort during a spiral thigh lift. Dr. Emer and his team will recommend the most suitable option for you based on the extent of your procedure.
NovaThreads can be smooth, twisted, or barbed. Each type is used to achieve different results.
Some NovaThreads come preloaded on fine needles. Others are manually threaded through the interstitial tissue, parallel to the surface of the skin, using a cannula. Dr. Emer will carefully select the best method to precisely target your cosmetic concerns.
Spiral thigh lift incisions are typically made under the buttock fold, near the groin crease where the pubic area and thigh meet.
Dr. Emer and the plastic surgeon can then begin the process of re-shaping the thighs and lifting the buttocks. This typically involves a combination of liposuction, skin excision, tissue repositioning, and skin tightening with internal heating. Fat transfer to the buttocks may also be included.
Sutures will be placed to secure the changes to the underlying tissues. The incisions will then be closed to complete the procedure.
Benefits of a spiral thigh lift
At Dr. Emer’s medical practice, spiral thigh lift patients can benefit from:
- Wider thigh gap
- More proportionate thighs
- Firmer lower body contours
- Tighter skin
- Relief from inner thigh rubbing and chafing
- Well-hidden post-procedure marks
- Shapelier buttocks
- Confidently wearing shorts, form-fitting pants, and swimwear
What to expect during your spiral thigh lift recovery
It is normal to experience discomfort, swelling and bruising during the first two to three weeks of your recovery. Getting plenty of rest is essential in the first two weeks after surgery. Be sure to follow all physical activity restrictions, so you do not compromise your health or your treatment outcome.
You will need to attend follow-up appointments, so Dr. Emer and Dr. Rojas can monitor the healing process. Increased activity levels will be approved gradually, based on your progress. Most patients can resume strenuous exercise and vigorous activities after about six weeks.
You will need to wear compression garments for several weeks, as directed. These specialized garments promote healing and reduce swelling. Compression garments also work to ensure that the skin heals as tightly and smoothly as possible around your new thigh contours.
Spiral Thigh Lift Aftercare
In addition to the use of compression garments, Dr. Emer will provide recommendations for aftercare therapies that can encourage optimal healing and enhance your spiral thigh lift results. The following therapies and treatments are especially important in the first 10-14 days after a spiral thigh lift:
- IV therapy
- Lymphatic massage
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Radiofrequency therapy with Venus Legacy, BTL Exilis Ultra, or BTL Vanquish
- Vibration therapy with BTL
- Cellutone or ZWave
What to know about spiral thigh lift results
Initial improvements will be noticeable right away. The final outcome of your spiral thigh lift will be evident several months later, once the healing process is complete.
Since the skin and fat removed during a spiral thigh lift are permanently gone, this procedure can provide long-lasting results. Over time, gravity and the natural aging process will affect the lower body contours, but Dr. Emer can help you mitigate these factors with a personalized anti-aging treatment regimen.
Weight management is vital for keeping the thighs and buttocks firm and trim after a spiral thigh lift. Cardiovascular exercise, strength training, proper nutrition, and portion control will assist you in maintaining a fit, toned physique.
CAN I COMBINE A SPIRAL THIGH LIFT WITH OTHER CONTOURING PROCEDURES?
Spiral thigh lifts are often combined with other surgical and non-surgical procedures to accomplish the best possible results. This procedure can be performed with plastic surgeries like:
It can be heartbreaking for patients who’ve lost large amounts of weight but still do not have a trim figure due to excess tissue. Many patients who have lost an extreme amount of weight are left with severe skin laxity because the skin has been stretched too far for too long to retract.
Loose, hanging skin in the buttocks and thighs keeps these areas looking bulky and keeps patients feeling self-conscious. Chafing and other types of skin irritation can also be an issue. A spiral thigh lift is often ideal for post-weight-loss patients since it addresses the front, back, inner, and outer thighs along with the buttocks.
It is common for those who have had massive weight loss to have drooping tissue and excess skin in the upper body, as well as the lower body. A spiral thigh lift, along with surgically lifting the upper arms, breasts, and/or abdominal area, helps to reveal the slender, shapely contours you worked so hard to create.
Cellulite affects the majority of women and most commonly appears across the buttocks and thighs. A spiral thigh lift, itself, can be considered a cellulite reduction treatment. In fact, for patients with considerable excess fat and skin in the thighs and butt, dramatic improvements in the appearance of cellulite may only be possible if treatment begins with a spiral thigh lift.
After a spiral thigh lift, cellulite in the treatment area will be decreased, but some indentations and dimpling may still be present. If this is the case, Dr. Emer can recommend minimally invasive cellulite reduction treatments to put the final touches on your new thigh contours.
Cellulite can be challenging to resolve. Dr. Emer has found that a combination treatment approach is typically necessary to provide the best results.
Dr. Emer’s combination cellulite reduction treatments are designed to release the fibrous bands that pull the skin downward and cause depressions in the skin. He also targets subcutaneous fat and uses various skin rejuvenation and collagen stimulation therapies to encourage firm, smooth skin long-term.
If cellulite is a concern for you, Dr. Emer may advise that you combine your spiral thigh lift with one or more of the following procedures:
- Thread lifting
- BTL Cellutone or other shockwave therapies
- Microneedling with radiofrequency
- Subcision and Bellafill
- Fat grafting with PRP
- External radiofrequency skin tightening
The Dr. Emer Difference
How Does Dr. Emer Do Spiral Thigh Lifts Differently?
Dr. Emer can help you extend the longevity of your results with a personalized maintenance treatment protocol. Patients who follow his recommendations for post-procedure touch-up treatments typically enjoy the longest-lasting spiral thigh lift results. The following therapies and non-surgical treatments may be included in your maintenance protocol:
- Thermage -Thermage provides non-invasive skin tightening by externally delivering radiofrequency energy.
- Ultherapy – This FDA-approved treatment employs ultrasound-based energy for skin tightening and lifting.
- BTL Exilis Ultra – This device causes skin to contract for a tightening effect and stimulates the body’s natural production of collagen for long-term improvements in skin tone. Exilis Ultra also can target subcutaneous fat to keep the thigh contours smooth and firm.
- BodyTone – The muscle building effects of this non-invasive treatment can tone and define the thighs and buttocks. Strong, well-developed muscles not only give you an aesthetic, sculpted look, they also help you burn more calories.
- Hormonal optimization – The natural aging process can wreak havoc on our hormone levels, causing us to feel sluggish and gain weight. Our hormone experts can help you counter these and other unwanted symptoms of hormone imbalance.
- Hormonal peptide therapy – Targeted, personalized peptide therapy can support weight loss, muscle building, and fat reduction, so you can maintain your shapely lower body for many years after your spiral thigh lift procedure. Hormonal peptide therapy can also assist in slowing the aging process and keeping your skin healthy, elastic, and firm.
- Sculptra – This collagen-stimulating dermal filler contains a synthetic, biocompatible substance called poly-L-lactic acid. Dr. Emer can use this filler to build and shape the buttocks and hips. Sculptra injections can be used to complement fat grafting to the buttocks. Dr. Emer also frequently pairs Sculptra and Bellafill for non-surgical butt lifting and filling hip dips in a treatment he calls “BellaLift.”
- Bellafill – Bellafill is a dermal filler with a base of bovine collagen gel that contains polymethyl methacrylate microspheres. Bellafill injections can be a great option for “touch-up” treatments after a spiral thigh lift to refine and/or augment the buttock shape. The firming and filling effects of Bellafill can help you retain lifted, rounded buttock contours for about five years before retreatment is necessary.
How much does a spiral thigh lift cost in bevery hills?
The price of your thigh shaping procedure will reflect the amount of excess fat and skin to be removed, the duration of the procedure, and applicable anesthesia and facility fees. The inclusion of skin tightening and/or additional contouring procedures will also impact the cost of your spiral thigh lift.
Schedule a Consultation in Beverly Hills
Patients considering a spiral thigh lift in Beverly Hills can get the information and answers they need to make an informed decision for their care by meeting with Dr. Emer for a consultation. Contact our office today to take this important first step in the treatment process.