SURGICAL BODY CONTOURING
Conveniently located to serve Beverly Hills, Hollywood, and Los Angeles.
Board-certified dermatologist Dr. Jason Emer in Beverly Hills and our veteran staff employ their extensive experience and vast scientific knowledge to create customized blends that incorporate fillers, neuromodulators, and beneficial ingredients such as antioxidants, vitamins, and plumpers.
Right for you?
Am I a Good Candidate for Surgical Contouring?
A private consultation with Dr. Emer is the best way to determine if you are a candidate for surgical body contouring. After evaluating your cosmetic concerns, reviewing your medical history, and learning about your aesthetic goals, Dr. Emer can determine if surgical, non-surgical, or a combination of surgical and non-surgical body contouring procedures is the best treatment approach for you.
You may be a candidate for surgical body contouring if:
- You have sagging, excess skin after pregnancy or a massive weight loss.
- You have stubborn fat deposits.
- You cannot seem to build or define certain muscles despite your best efforts in the gym.
- You are at or near your ideal weight.
- You are healthy emotionally and physically.
- You are free from any significant medical conditions.
- You don’t smoke.
- You are positive and realistic in your thinking regarding your goals for cosmetic surgery.
- You are willing to follow the doctor’s instructions at every stage of your procedure.
- You are looking for a long-lasting, sustainable solution for your body sculpting needs.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF SURGICAL BODY CONTOURING?
Dr. Emer and his team of plastic surgeons have helped countless patients in Beverly Hills achieve the shapely, defined physique they have always wanted with surgical body contouring. Some benefits commonly reported by Dr. Emer’s patients after cosmetic surgery for body sculpting include:
- Procedure can be customized to target many areas at once
- Greater comfort being in one’s skin
- No more chaffing from excess fat or skin
- Areas notoriously resistant to diet and exercise are finally reshaped
- Safe, effective approach with conservative techniques
- Minimal scarring
- Long-lasting, sustainable outcome
- Improved satisfaction with one’s body image
- More clothing and wardrobe options
What Areas of the Body Can Be Contoured Through Cosmetic Surgery?
Dr. Emer and his team are experts in total-body transformations. Surgical body contouring can be performed to sculpt almost any problem area in the body. Cosmetic surgery is often an ideal solution for:
- Low-hanging skin in the groin
- Flabby thighs or buttocks
- Redundant skin in the neck
- Sagging jowls
- Sagging upper arms
- Sagging breasts and downward-facing nipples
- Skin that droops down from the belly
- Underdeveloped muscles in the arms, calves, chest, or buttocks
What to Expect During Body Contouring Surgery
The details of your procedure will be unique to you. Dr. Emer’s plastic surgeons will explain each step of your surgery to you prior to your procedure.
In general, surgical body contouring requires general anesthesia and is performed in an accredited surgical facility. Once the anesthesia has taken effect, the plastic surgeon can begin your surgery. You will be closely monitored throughout the surgery, and every effort will be made to minimize post-treatment discomfort and promote the most aesthetic results possible.
What to Expect After Surgical Body Contouring
When you choose Dr. Emer and his expert team for your body contouring needs, you can expect natural-looking and long-lasting improvements to your physique. However, some downtime and a significant recovery period should be expected before your new body contours achieve their final outcome.
Swelling, bruising, and tenderness are natural after cosmetic surgery. Depending on your specific treatment, compression garments may be needed to encourage optimal healing and secure your new contours while you recover. Dr. Emer and his team will provide medications and personalized recommendations for post-operative therapies as needed to keep you comfortable, support your body’s healing process, and achieve maximum improvements.
How Much Does Surgical Body Contouring Cost?
The cost of surgical body contouring depends on the specific details of your procedure. Many patients choose to combine multiple body contouring procedures into one surgery with one recovery period. Others pair surgical body contouring with non-surgical body sculpting treatments. Once your treatment plan has been developed, you will receive complete pricing information for your body contouring surgery.