MALE CHEST REDUCTION
Conveniently located to serve Beverly Hills, Hollywood, and Los Angeles.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF male breast reduction?
- We perform male breast medical reduction practice for men with a condition called gynecomastia, which is the development of abundance breast tissue in guys. The excess tissue with gynecomastia can be glandular tissue (a white, rubbery substance found in womens’ breasts), fatty tissue (similar to the fat on the rest of the body, but usually more resistant to diet and exercise), or a combination of both tissue types, which is the most frequent scenario.
- This condition is a cause of discomfort and shame for many male patients. Gynecomastia surgery can be life changing for men; in fact, many patients say they wish they had done it sooner.
- You don’t have to live with flabby and embarrassing “man boobs” forever. The masculine chest you deserve can be yours – you just have to go for it. A male breast reduction can help you:
- NSustainably remove excess breast tissue
- NSculpt a more masculine and defined chest
- NReduce the size of your nipples and areola
RIGHT FOR YOU?
IS MALE BREAST REDUCTION RIGHT FOR YOU?
Male breast reduction isn’t for everyone. To be considered a candidate for the procedure, you should be close to your ideal body weight and possess firm skin and good elasticity. You should also be a non-smoker and free of any serious medical conditions or illnesses that may impair healing.
As long as you meet those requirements and want to address overly feminine breasts that prevent you from showing off your ideal body to the world, there is a strong chance that male breast reduction is right for you.
To be sure, reach out today and schedule a consultation with Dr. Emer in West Hollywood. They will walk you through everything you need to know about male breast reduction and will help you determine if the procedure can accomplish your unique goals.
WHAT to expect
What CAN I Expect DURING MALE BREAST REDUCTION?
Male breast reduction is performed under general anesthesia, which means you’ll be completely asleep throughout the entire procedure. To begin, Dr. Emer will remove the extra tissue through tumescent liposuction or surgical excision. If you have a moderate amount of firm breast tissue, liposuction alone will break down the tissue and allow Dr. Emer to sculpt a more defined chest. This is the option most men prefer, because it results in hidden incisions and a quick recovery.
If your breast tissue can’t be removed with liposuction alone, our plastic surgeon will excise the remaining tissue surgically. Through a small incision in the underarm or along the bottom of the areola, he’ll remove excess tissue to create a flatter physique. From there, he’ll perform more precise liposuction to improve the contour of your chest, sculpting a more masculine appearance. Once your ideal chest has been achieved, your surgeon will close the incisions so they blend into your surrounding skin and result in barely visible scars.